So I’m getting an influx of followers out of nowhere. Welcome! I’m not sure what brought you to my humble recipe blog, but I’m glad you’re here! If anyone has any requests, just message me. :)
I have been working on this recipe for upwards of seven months. Oh the labors of love. I have loved hushpuppies since I was a kid. At family dinners they had to hide them from me, lest I eat up every last one. So once I started cooking on my own more, I knew that this would be the first thing I had to perfect.
3/4 cup cornmeal
1 1/2 cup flour (Any type!)
1 cup vegan milk
2 1/2 Tsp sugar
2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 Tbsp of onion powder OR 1 small onion, diced
1 tbsp olive/canola/flax seed/etc. oil
Oil for frying
1) Heat the oil to about 300-325 degrees. Yes, I know this is a little low for frying things. A slow fry gets the perfect crisp on the outside.
2) Combine all the ingredients and mix until smoothly blended.
3) Once thoroughly mixed, make small balls 1 inch in diameter or less. Any larger and they’ll be gloopy inside.
4) Drop the balls into the oil and fry, turning occasionally, until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
5) Drain on a paper towel and enjoy! Super simple! :) Try them with malt vinegar or ketchup!
a collection of some of the most popular vegan cookbooks available for download!! more books will be added as time goes on!!
free download of PDFs thru 4shared under read-more
added loads of new ones guys!!!! all of them are verified thru my account so i promise they’re credible :)
Gardein’s turkey is to die for like last thanksgiving people were actually jealous of our food by how good it smelt and such, complaining about their dry turkey, I loved it.
Yum I really want to make these
Make your own halloween fun with this homemade vegan candy bar guide from Fork & Beans.
I must try this!
Thank you! Glad I can help. :)
Strawberries dried in the oven: Taste like candy, but are healthy & natural. 3 hrs at 210 degrees.
Raw Pasta with Tomato Basil Marinara
This is one of my favorite raw meals. It’s not only delicious and nutrient dense, but also super easy to make!
- 1 Cup of Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup of Sundried Tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup of Hempseeds
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- Handful of Basil
- Tablespoon of Oregano
- Tablespoon of Thyme
- 5 Zucchinis
Spiralize the zucchinis into pasta using a tool called a spiralizer.
Blend all other ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor, pour over the pasta and enjoy! :)
Feel free to omit/reduce the hempseeds and garlic.