Tamarind pad thai a la Gawstrawnomica.
Omygosh… this beats any other raw pad thai I’ve ever had hands down. Yum!
kitsune soba from vegan yum yum
CINNAMON BUN SMOOTHIE — less than 160 calories
1 frozen banana, cut into four pieces
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon pure maple syrup
Cinnamon stick, for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth, and add more almond milk if necessary.
- Pour into a tall glass, add the cinnamon stick for garnish, and enjoy.
end of summer frittata
Coconut Milk Mint Chip Ice Cream
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 14 oz can full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup raw baby spinach leaves
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup vegan sweetened chocolate chips
- In a medium saucepan combine the mint leaves, sugar and water and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Let it steep for 15 minutes.
- Pour the contents of the saucepan into a blender jar, add the coconut milk, baby spinach, vanilla and salt. Liquefy for about a minute or until smooth. It should look green.
- Strain the mixture into a medium size mixing bowl (if possible, one with a spout for easy pouring.) Let it cool in the fridge for an hour or until the bottom of the bowl feels completely cold.
- Once chilled, strain it again into your ice cream maker’s bowl, and freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Place in a food storage container in the freezer.
- Before the ice cream maker is done churning, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in a dry glass bowl. Microwave approximately 90 seconds on low power, stirring every 30 seconds, to melt the chips completely.
- Remove food storage container from the freezer and spread about half of the ice cream on the bottom. Drizzle about half of the melted chocolate all over the ice cream and stir to break up the chocolate into tiny chips. Repeat with the other half of the ice cream and the rest of the melted chocolate.
- Cover the bowl and freeze the ice cream until firm.